DPSG Vasundhara, has always been in a pursuit to encourage talent of all kinds and of all degrees and to stretch the intellectual and creative capacity of the individuals.
The school illustrates the inter-relationship of all human knowledge, to foster an appreciation of man’s creative skills and to stimulate a concept of learning as a life long process.
The pedagogy of the school thus aims at –
• Stimulating intellectual curiosity
• Directing and exercising the emotions
• Encourage creative, critical, societal and reflective thinking
• Developing an interest in the process and resources of learning and in learning how to learn
• Fostering capacity to tackle a problem and to follow and sustain an argument
• Emphasizing the difference between truth and falsehood and between fact and feeling
This is achieved by the school by inculcating different approaches in the implementation of pedagogy across the various wings.
PEDAGOGY IN JUNIOR WING (I – V)
DPSGV is a happy school with a blend of values, tradition, technology and a quest for excellence. Our curriculum in the junior wing has been designed keeping the vision of the school in mind. Our teaching learning pedagogy is a unique blend of scholastic, co-scholastic and life-skills. We have a student centric curriculum transaction, where-in we monitor a child’s level of development without comparing it with others. Our focus completely lies on the development of skills and concepts in each subject and further application of those in real life scenario through surveys, projects and awareness programs. Our co-scholastic fields are an extension of our classroom transaction because the subject specific skills and concepts are used from time to time in assemblies, class functions and Annual exhibition where we ensure 100% participation and portrayed through different mediums. Our teaching-learning is not restricted to classrooms, in fact it goes beyond.
Few highlighting points of our school are:
• The use of in-house books, which are divided term-wise to reduce the load of school bags.
• Assessment is an integral part of the teaching-learning process. Through continuous evaluation, a comprehensive profile of the students performance is assimilated and documented in the form of ‘grades’ instead of ‘percentage’ to eliminate the fear of examination and the negative factor inherent in the ranking system.
• Our assessment is completely skill based rather than just focusing on the subject.
• To support in our endeavour of continuous improvement, we also have a CARE cell. Care is a support program for Counseling and Academic Reinforcement & Enhancement. CARE is a team of Counsellor, Special Educator and teachers.
• To promote healthy competition among students, we have inter-house and inter-section activities (literary, sports, creative and cultural).
• Going beyond classrooms by visiting museum National Science Centre
• Our partners in education- HT-PACE for classes IV and V and Primary Plus for classes I, II and III ensure that our students stay connected to the outside World.
• SHP or the School Health Program enables the students to be in a state of mental and physical well-being. It gives them a platform to express and learn to manage their emotions.
• Students of IV & V did a project on Clean Hindon.
• Celebration National Science Day to provide the children a platform to explore, experiment and derive scientific skills and temperaments.
• We also boast of hosting the Mega Quiz for the last 12 years in coloration with HT-Pace for classes IV and V – an inter-school event where about 20-30 schools from Delhi and NCR participate each year.
• The Annual Football Tournament for classes IV and V a mega sporting event is also hosted by us in the month of January for the last 7 years.
Through all these endeavours we aspire to the holistic development of our children and the quest for excellence goes on.
The school takes a step forward and has made inclusive education a part of its normal curriculum.
Inclusive education – catering to children with ADHD, SLOW LEARNERS, LD, MILD AUTISM, CEREBRAL PALSY, VISUALY IMPAIRED
3 COUSELLORS AND 1 SPECIAL EDUCATOR, COLLABORATION WITH NAB, NIPCCD & IBHAAS
To make the teaching learning process interesting and tech savy –
• All classrooms are technology enabled and teacher is provided with laptops.
• Knowledge centre to facilitate technology integration in pedagogy
• The innovations in pedagogy is aimed at developing in the school a caring community which is not only equipped with a report card of grades but one of virtues, values and skills so as to create the futuristic generation which lives upto the vision of the school and creates a tomorrow which is a happy blend of values, tradition and technology.