The challenge of social justice is to evoke a sense of community that we need to make our nation a better place, just as we make it a safer place.
Marian Wright Edelman
We in the school have always reinforced that a healthy person is one who is physically, mentally and spiritually healthy. Life Skills : Life skills are integrated as School Health Program for Classes NUR-XII.A robust and structured SHP is in place for classes I to X. Days are allotted for conducting SHP sessions in the academic calendar. Detailed lesson plans are made by counselors for each SHP session.
The Lesson Plans are GUIDED by CBSE ‘LIFE SKILLS’ and ‘SCHOOL HEALTH MANUALS’ The methodology of SHP is Interactive and includes use of Pictures, Videos, and Power point Presentations etc.
The Modules covered include the following themes:
• Knowing your Body/Self-Awareness/Self-Esteem
• Personal and Environmental Hygiene
• Physical Fitness/Mental Fitness
• Food and Nutrition
• Safety and Responsibility
• Behavioral and Life Skills-Time Management, Substance Abuse Prevention, Study Skills and various Life Skills.